The American Music Program
Pacific Crest Jazz Orchestra
- AMP's Pacific Crest Jazz Orchestra won the High School Conglomerate Big Band Division at the Monterey Next Generation Jazz Festival. (photo courtesy of Donna Wax.)
Congratulations to the band and to band director Dr. Thara Memory for this major accomplishment! As a result, they will be playing in the Monterey Jazz Festival in September!
- Dr. Thara Memory and the American Music Program were highlighted on Oregon Art Beat in April, 2016, watch the video here.
- Here's a segment on national television from when the band won the Essentially Ellington festival in 2015.
- Check out our earlier highlights here.
- Follow along with our activities here and on our Facebook page.
- Why not have a percentage of every purchase benefit AMP? You can do this at both Amazon and Fred Meyer. Click for details on the AmazonSmile program and the Fred Meyer Community Rewards program. Thanks!
- The AMP CD “Live at the Gerding Theater – Nothin’ But The Blues” is on sale at Music Millennium. More info about the CD here.
- The band after winning Essentially Ellington in 2015.