The American Music Program
Pacific Crest Jazz Orchestra
- Next show: On Monday, July 27, there will be a benefit show at Jimmy Mak's for the AMP Combo in support of their September trip to play at the Monterey Jazz Festival. The show starts at 7pm and will also feature a set by the Devin Phillips Band! See you there!
- Note: The band's previously scheduled appearance at the Cathedral Park Jazz Festival in St. Johns in July has been canceled. The Alberta Abbey show, postponed last month due to a heat advisory, should be rescheduled for the fall.
- The band had a great set at the PDX Waterfront Blues Festival on July 4, along with special guests Charmaine Neville and Reggie Houston (as well as friends of the band Hailey Niswanger, LaRhonda Steele and Andy Stokes). Photos and audio links will be posted soon!
- AMP's Pacific Crest Jazz Orchestra has won the Essentially Ellington festival and competition! Their dramatic performance has gained national attention, including segments on national television and in the national press. Congratulations to Dr. Thara Memory and the whole band on an inspiring performance! Links to photos and other materials will follow. You can also check out our Facebook page.
- Results of other festival competitions: AMP played great at the Next Generation Jazz Festival in Monterey, CA, in late March, with the AMP big band earning second place in the conglomerate big band division, and the AMP combo earning first place in the conglomerate combo division! (See full results here.) This goes along with a first place at the Charles Mingus festival in February. (You can hear an interview on KMHD with two band members about being in AMP and winning Mingus here.)
Many thanks to everyone who has supported the band in its travels, by attending the "Road to NY" benefit shows!
- Follow along with our activities here and on our Facebook page.
- Why not have a percentage of every purchase benefit AMP? You can do this at both Amazon and Fred Meyer. Click for details on the AmazonSmile program and the Fred Meyer Community Rewards program. Thanks!
- The AMP CD “Live at the Gerding Theater – Nothin’ But The Blues” is on sale at Music Millennium. More info about the CD here.
- We had a very successful benefit concert on September 5, 2014, headlined by Bennie Maupin and Terell Stafford plus a bevy of other professionals. See past highlights for details on that and other past events.