The American Music Program
Pacific Crest Jazz Orchestra
- AMP's Pacific Crest Jazz Orchestra has won the Essentially Ellington festival and competition! Their dramatic performance has gained national attention, including segments on national television and in the national press. Congratulations to Dr. Thara Memory and the whole band on an inspiring performance! Links to photos and other materials will follow. You can also check out our Facebook page.
- Results of other festival competitions: AMP played great at the Next Generation Jazz Festival in Monterey, CA, in late March, with the AMP big band earning second place in the conglomerate big band division, and the AMP combo earning first place in the conglomerate combo division! (See full results here.) This goes along with a first place at the Charles Mingus festival in February. (You can hear an interview on KMHD with two band members about being in AMP and winning Mingus here.)
Many thanks to everyone who has supported the band in its travels, by attending the "Road to NY" benefit shows!
- Follow along with our activities here and on our Facebook page.
- Why not have a percentage of every purchase benefit AMP? You can do this at both Amazon and Fred Meyer. Click for details on the AmazonSmile program and the Fred Meyer Community Rewards program. Thanks!
- The AMP CD “Live at the Gerding Theater – Nothin’ But The Blues” is on sale at Music Millennium. More info about the CD here.
- We had a very successful benefit concert on September 5, 2014, headlined by Bennie Maupin and Terell Stafford plus a bevy of other professionals. See past highlights for details on that and other past events.